Choosing the right lid for your YETI drinkware might not be the most exciting topic but it's certainly an important one. Our customers ask us many questions about YETI lids and which drinkware they fit. So we've put together this useful article to give you the full lowdown on YETI lids.
Essentially there are four different sizes that fit throughout YETI's range of drinkware. Usually, your YETI lid will fit at least one other YETI drinkware item. To try and simplify things we have split them into two categories:
Rambler Tumblers, Lowballs and Mugs
Smooth sealing Rambler lids - 10 Oz / 10-20 Oz / 30 Oz Lids, Straw Lids
- MagSlider Lid - Small, magnetic opening that you push back to drink from
- Straw Lid - Milkshake style lid with a firm plastic straw
It's important to remember that these lids are not completely leak proof! They’re designed to help keep your drink the right temperature, reduce spills and keep unwanted objects (flies?!) out of your drink – but you couldn’t throw them in your bag without them leaking.
If you need something that is completely spill proof, go for a Rambler Bottle with any of the accompanying lids.
Screw on Rambler caps - Chug Cap, MagDock, Hotshot Cap, Straw Cap
- Chug Cap - Drinking spout that lets you hydrate quickly
- MagDock Cap - Similar to chug but with a very cool magnetic cap that attaches magically to the bottle
- Straw Cap - Classic, folding spout with a straw, great for on the go
- HotShot Cap - 360 perimeter drinking edge with a removable centre that is perfect for hot drinks, easy cleaning and drinking from whilst on the go.
All the Rambler lids are interchangeable with all the Rambler bottle range.
Your YETI lid questions answered
What lids come as standard and included in the price?
The standard lid for the Tumblers, Lowballs and Mugs is the MagSlider. The standard lid for Rambler Bottles is the Chug Cap.
Do all of the cups come with a lid included in the price?
It's worth noting that the Pint cups are designed as a stackable cup, and thus far only the King Crab Orange come with a lid included in the price. Likewise, with the Wine Tumblers, currently only the Prickly Pear Pink come with a lid as standard, but from August 2021, all Wine Tumblers will come with a lid.
What does the 10/20 Oz lid range fit?
In which case, what does the “just” 10 oz lid range fit?
This is for the dinky 10 Oz Tumbler, a sleek sophisticated vessel and for the wine tumbler.
Does the 30 Oz Tumbler and 14 Oz Mug fit the same lid?
Yes! Again, these are wider diameter cups that hold different volumes. The 30 Oz is a beast and about twice the height of the mug.
Do you have bottles for kids?
Yes! Check out the YETI Rambler Jr 12 Oz Bottle. They feature a straw cap, and come in lots of groovy colours to keep the little ones happy. You can also put the kids bottle caps onto any of your Rambler bottles if you fancy mixing up the colours!
Can you use both hot and cold drinks with the standard chug cap?
We would recommend the chug cap for cold drinks and speedy hydration. For hot drinks we would suggest using the HotShot cap. These caps will fit on any of the Rambler bottle range.
How Many Rambler bottle sizes are there?
At the moment there are four: The 12, 18, 26 and 36 Oz – these are all interchangeable with rambler lids.
Which drinkware and lid combinations are the best?
This really depends on what you're using your YETI drinkware for and where you're planning on taking it. We've put together our suggested drinkware and lid combinations for a wide range of activities and adventures.
- Hiking - 26 Oz Rambler with standard chug cap
- Boating - 14 Oz Mug with standard MagSlider lid
- Beach Sundowner - 10 Oz Wine Tumbler with wine tumbler lid
- Morning Coffee - 10 Oz Tumbler / 10 Oz Mug with wine tumbler lid
- Dog Walk - 12 Oz HotShot
- Post Wild Swim - 20 Oz Tumbler with standard 20 Oz MagSlider lid
- BBQ Beers - 16 Oz Pint, no lid required!
- City Breaks - 18 Oz Rambler with HotShot cap
- Coffee Addiction - 30 Oz Tumbler with standard 30 oz MagSlider lid
- Sunrise Smoothie - 16 Oz Pint with 20 Oz straw lid
- Fireside Whisky - 10 Oz Lowball with standard MagSlider lid
- Adventures - 36 Oz Rambler bottle with standard chug cap
- On The Go - Straw cap
- Chuck In Bag - Rambler Bottles
- Rapid Hydration - Chug Cap
- In The Car - 18 Oz Rambler bottle with HotShot cap
- Cool Factor - Magdock cap
- All Day Drinking - Straw lid
- For Kids - 12 Oz Jr. Rambler
- Post Surf - 14 Oz Mug
- Hot Chocs - 14 Oz / 10 Oz Mugs
Which lids fit which drinkware products?
To really simply things, we've put together two easy to understand tables to work our which lids fit which YETI drinkware products.
|Rambler 18 Oz Bottle||Rambler 26 Oz Bottle||Rambler 36 Oz Bottle||HotShot 12 Oz Bottle||YETI Rambler Jr 12 Oz Kids Bottle|
|Comes with Rambler Bottle Chug Cap as standard||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Comes with Rambler Bottle HotShot cap as standard||Yes|
|Rambler Bottle straw cap as standard||Yes|
|Fits the Rambler Bottle Chug cap||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Fits the Rambler Bottle HotShot cap||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Fits the Rambler Bottle straw cap||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Fits the Rambler Bottle Magdock lid||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
Rambler Tumblers and Cups
* Rambler 10 Oz Wine Tumbler - all will come with this as standard from August 2021)
* Rambler 16 Oz Pint - will come with MagSlider lid as standard from August 2021)